Wednesday, June 30, 2010

In the beginning...

Have you ever read anything by Haruki Murakami? My sister got me his book Kafka on the Shore, and it was pretty incredible. I'm getting ready to start Underground, which is a true account of the Tokyo gas attack. I know nothing about it. I'm super-excited, as I usually am when beginning a new book. In a couple of days, I'll be giving you a little review of it.
I'm also going to be searching the web, and asking friends, for good canning recipes. Some of my pals and I made an attempt at making pickles, and I just tried one out. It was crazy good! I think we shall next tackle apple butter. If you have any suggestions or recipes, pass 'em on! I'm interested in doing canning seasonally, so what's in season that you know how to can?

3 comments:

  1. I've been hesitant to start a new book. I haven't read an adult book in quite a while. (Twilight, Percy Jackson & Gregor the Underlander don't count) A friend gave me Ender's Game (scifi) a couple weeks ago. I want to crack it open, I just haven't...stepped away from the computer (work and not) long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Okay please don't think i'm a stalker (well maybe I am) but I'm always impressed with & amused by your fb posts & I think you're one of the coolest people I barely know. haha. The other day when you posted something about people coming into the book shop I actually came in a browsed a bit. I saw you (pretty sure you didn't see me) behind the counter working away (you guys were pretty busy) & I thought, 'she's one, cool chick. i'd like to be her friend...like a real life friend.' Anyway, I'm happy for you about your blog. I'm sure it will prove to be theraputic. I have been wanting to start one myself for some time. You have inspired me to start one sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Tasha! I like you, too! The bookstore is indeed very busy, but I'm so glad you came by! And I'd like to be your real life friend too :)

    ReplyDelete