Wednesday, November 17, 2010

day 10: someone i need to let go, or wish i didn't know.

hm. i could get myself into trouble here. someone i wish i didn't know... it would be redundant to go on about the baby-daddy again. hm.
honestly, over the years i have simplified my life alot. the friends that were never really friends have fallen by the wayside. i've left behind the crappy co-workers, the bad boyfriends, even the hypocritical religious community. i still have some annoying people here and there. i have one co-worker who drives me up the wall. but, in reality, he could be a LOT worse, and i love him in spite of himself. i've got good friends, who love me as i am. i've got a great boyfriend. i found a church that is actually honest, and doesn't make me feel like a charity case. (you know, the whole "it's a single mother! we must SAVE her!" thing. gah.) all in all, i think i've cut out most of the dead weight in my life. it was a survival thing. i get depressed when i feel tired and emotionally drained. i can't afford to get depressed, because my daughter needs me. so i cleared out the things that were draining me. mostly. i think i'm doing alright.

1 comment:

  1. That's powerful. To say there isn't anything to shed means you have this bull by the horns.

    ReplyDelete