Monday, November 8, 2010

day 3: something for which i need to forgive myself

oh, here we go. i need to forgive myself for being a bad mom. i'm talking big mistakes, and little ones, here. little ones like not being patient enough, or letting her eat breakfast in the car on the way to school; big ones like letting depression debilitate me so much that i let her go live with my mom for a while. the fact that the big ones ever happened makes it even harder to forgive myself for the little ones. i know that i'm a pretty good mom NOW. i cook healthy food, encourage her to be herself, force her to turn the tv off and read a book, take her to church ( albeit a very laid back church named after a place in lord of the rings), play beatles records but still let her watch camp rock... but because i've messed up in something big, i beat myself up about every little thing. i need to get over it and just do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment