Tuesday, November 9, 2010

day 4: i need to forgive others, you guys.

today i'm supposed to discuss something i need to forgive someone else for. pardon the bad grammar, i didn't write the list :) i'm not going to discuss ex-boyfriends or the baby-daddy, cause, hey, i'm not so cliche. besides, i've forgiven the former, and latter is SOL. so, who do i need to forgive? hang on, we're about to get messy.
i need to forgive my family for being a bunch of basket-cases. i'm not speaking of anyone specific, because this covers ALL my extended family. on both sides. some of them are petty, gossipy, and stubborn. hey, so am i. one in particular has disowned me, and has never even met my daughter. that's a tough one to let go. but does staying resentful affect him at all? no, it only affects me. sounds melodramatic, but i think my bitterness damages my soul. so, i've been making an effort to let it go. i NEED a family. aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, i need you all. not like we need to chat on the phone for hours, or meet for coffee once a week. but that network is important. i've got a friend and church family. but having broken relationships with my blood family is lame. if any of you happen to read this, i really do love you. we've all spent too much time judging each other, picking our family apart. i miss you. even if we don't seem to have anything at all in common, we're family. and surely that counts for more than all the other stuff we've put in between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment