Saturday, November 6, 2010

grrr. day 2. blech.

so day two of the blog-a-thon is supposed to be something i love about myself. this is not something i like discussing. i think i'm nice. i think i have a good sense of humor. i think i'm fairly cute, and have nice eyes. i'm a decent singer, can read fast, and have a pretty good vocabulary. none of these things do i absolutely LOVE about myself. why is this such a problem for me? okay, okay, i'll try.

the thing i love about myself is my ability to love. my life would be lousy if i didn't have a deep and unreasonable urge to love people no matter what. complete strangers that i don't really have to get close to, friends, family, daughter, boyrfriend, all these people make my life messy when they get close enough for me to love them really hard. what's more, i should know better by now. when you love people, they can hurt you horribly. but my heart does it anyway. and that's kind of a wonder, isn't it?

i know, really sappy. and it's about to get worse: i only know how to love because Y'shua loved me first.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you're doing this too! My friend who is also doing it struggled with this particular topic as well. I think it's a common trait amongst people who rarely look at themselves. Finding something good, let alone something you love about yourself is tough. Keep up the Love!

    ReplyDelete