Friday, November 12, 2010

day 7: someone who has made my life worth lving for


person number one in my life is my daughter. i really love her so much. not just because she's my kid and i have to, either. i'm telling you, she's got character. absolutely one of a kind. she's smart. she's funny. she's learning to express herself, and she's got a style all her own. all the other girls love hannah montana, but she thinks icarly is funnier. she likes to watch scary movies. she is a horribly picky eater, but she'll chow down on broccoli, apples, and edamame. she recently decided that she hates pink. she likes to wear things that don't exactly match so she'll look "punkish." but not TOO punkish. she thinks she's very grown up, but she still plays with her littlest pet shop toys in the bath tub. she is stubborn, argumentative, and a know-it-all, and she is the most precious thing in the world to me.
on the days where i'm feeling beat down, she is the reason i get out of bed. every good choice i ever made, i made for her.
person number two in my life is logan. he's the one who told me i was capable of making those choices. he pushes me to make my life better. when i was stuck in another waitressing job, coming home exhausted every night, he was the one who pushed me to get a better job. now he's the one who is pushing me to think about school again. also, he's down for the crazy ideas i come up with. i have him half-way convinced that we could make our own bio-diesel, and he gets excited about learning canning, and beekeeping, and candle-making...
my family makes my life worth living. they make me laugh, they wear me out, they make me try harder the next day. i'm a lucky one.

No comments:

Post a Comment