Tuesday, November 30, 2010

day 15: someone or something you've tried to live without, and can't

to begin with, sorry for the delay in posting. what with holidays, work, preparing to move, et cetera, i've been AFK. do the kids still say that? in case you don't understand the archaic terms from back in the days of aol instant messenger, i've been away from my keyboard. things might be a little sporadic this month. (the word "sporadic" means once in a while. i learned that from clueless.)
on to the subject at hand, the something i can't live without. i've tried to live without lots of things. cigarettes, whiskey, G-d, family, boyfriend... and all of those things i've just listed are still in my life. the cigarettes need to go, it's true. i've quit before, and i'll quit again. but the magical trifecta of G-d, family, and boyfriend, that's my support system. these things in combination are what drive me to make my life better, to be kinder, to be more creative, to be unselfish at least sometimes. honestly, if i don't have my family, i'm single, and there is no G-d, why on earth would i be motivated to do anything good? everything i would become at that point would be self-serving and destructive. so, life gets lame when i try to live without just one piece of my trifecta- i need all three. (and really, even though smoking is bad, i think it's kept me from losing it a few times. if you've ever worked in the restaurant industry, you know what i mean.)

2 comments:

  1. Love the word TRIFECTA and am right there with you on the smoking thing...good luck! I also love your honesty .....keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with LIMHBB, I love that word, trifecta! I may have to steal--er, borrow it.

    ReplyDelete