Wednesday, November 10, 2010

day 5: my best laid plans

what do i want to do with my life? this is something of a constant question these days. i want to go back to school, i want to write a book, i want to be able to retire before 65, i want to run in a marathon, i want to quit smoking, i want to buy a house, i want to get maaaarrried. but really, i just wanna get out of here.
i think my friend dorn covered traveling on day 5, as well. but i'm going to get specific, and tell you the three trips i HAVE to take. first, i want to take my whole family to washington d.c. i went there in eighth grade for a class trip, and i've wanted to go back ever since. i want my daughter to see it. i'd like to take my mom. i wish that everyone could go there and spend a few days exploring.
second, i want to take a train trip. anywhere, really, but i'd like to see europe, the u.k., even some of the parts of my own country where i haven't been. i just want it to be on a train. because i have watched white christmas too many times, and read too many agatha christie novels.
third, i want to go to Israel. i mean, i really really want to go. i kinda want to move there, maybe later in life. i get a little choked up just thinking about it. America is my country and i love her, but Eretz Yisrael has my heart.
i just hope i can make it happen.

2 comments:

  1. The whole train thing is big on my wife's to do list. Set the goals! Plan out the cost and fill that mattress! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm thinking it would make a good honeymoon. that's my plan, anyway.

    ReplyDelete