Friday, November 19, 2010

day 12: something i never get compliments on

i never get compliments on my music career. i never get compliments on my published works. i never get compliments on my organizational skills. why? i never did these things. they scare me. however, i have been stewing ideas for a book. i've been writing a song here and there. i've made a cleaning schedule for the whole family, which we sometimes actually follow. i sometimes wonder if i'm ever actually going to take the risks involved for me to do these things. ( i don't include being organized. that's not actually risky, just time-consuming.) i don't like rejection. i know, who does, right? i think really i just don't like feeling foolish. rejection makes me feel foolish. i need to start taking some risks. i'm not a natural risk-taker.

but i have been white-water rafting before. that was risky, right? maybe i can do this...

i'll never get compliments for the things i never attempt.

2 comments:

  1. Kinda like the old adage, "you can't score if you don't shoot the ball." YouTube, Sarah. Put your music on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post because I identify!

    I have a method for dealing with manuscript rejections that I picked up from someone else. When a rejection comes back I boomerang it. I send a thank you note to the editor for their "response", and I send the story out to the next mag/pub on my list. This makes me feel in control of the rejections.

    ReplyDelete